CEREBRAL PALSY MADE FOR ADULTS_WOWCP


Hi and welcome to CEREBRAL PALSY MADE FOR ADULTS_WOWCP. 17 million people are affected by CEREBRAL PALSY around the world. Why it is the most commonly childhood disables. That can come at birth up to two years age.
What is Cerebral Palsy you’re wondering? Cerebral Palsy is “While Cerebral Palsy (pronounced seh-ree-brel pawl-zee) is a blanket term commonly referred to as “CP” and described by loss or impairment of motor function, Cerebral Palsy is actually caused by brain damage. The brain damage is caused by brain injury or abnormal development of the brain that occurs while a child’s brain is still developing — before birth, during birth, or immediately after birth. Cerebral Palsy affects body movement, muscle control, muscle coordination, muscle tone, reflex, posture and balance. It can also impact fine motor skills, gross motor skills and oral motor functioning.” (Taken  from http://www.cerebralpalsy.org)
While there is so much that is talked about Cerebral Palsy birth to 18. After 18 it forgotten about. As an adult it more of trial and error on the adult with Cerebral Palsy part, we also learn from each other throw social media. This is where I feel social media can be a positive.
I have spent the last three years of my life teach myself how to except my Cerebral Palsy within myself as an adult. What I have learned is there a whole community that at one time or another that has felt the same way I have in life.
Now after three year of run a close group by the same name, I feel like I can take on life as an adult and maybe start teacher the younger generation that Cerebral Palsy the knowledge I have gain through life with Cerebral Palsy.
Now you might be asking what do the letters WOWCP stand for. It is an acronym for” WORK OUT WITH CEREBRAL PALSY” With everything a person wants to achieve with Cerebral Palsy from just getting dress in the morning to doing our daily routine, it’s a workout.
For a person with Cerebral Palsy it talk our body to use 3-5 times more energy to do a simple daily act, such as getting ready  for our day. Feel free to come follow me as I show how to navigate through life as an adult with Cerebral Palsy in my all new page CEREBRAL PALSY MADE FOR ADULT_WOWCP
https://www.facebook.com/CerebralPalsymadeForAdultsWOWCPTHEPAGE/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I found myself within him

GIVING MYSELF A PURPSE

THE BEING